Tuesday, August 15, 2017

Lukes Firetruck Party


Luke's 3rd Birthday Party was on Saturday.
When I first started planning his 3rd birthday party (in January, ha!) I was going to do a Construction theme because he loves bulldozers, tractors, diggers & all things construction.
But then, a couple months ago, out of the blue, he said he wanted a Firetruck Party. 
So, we switched themes!
Here is the invite that I made & then I printed it on brown cardstock to give it more of a "vintage" look:
For decorations, I knew I wanted to give the illusion of flames throughout our house, so I got red, orange & yellow streamers & strung them all around the downstairs. 

Streamers are an easy & inexpensive way to make a statement at a party. 
I used this idea 2 years ago for Claire's Tangled Party I used yellow streamers as Rapunzel's hair and last year for her Mermaid party, I used blue/aqua streamers to make it look like we were Under the Sea.

Here is our downstairs "on fire"
 Birthday Banner that I made:
 Close up:
 More flames:
I made a big fireball out of tissue pom poms:
 I had another banner I made that said "Station No. 3" since he was turning 3 :)
 The girls helped with with the streamers & the tissue puffs. They had so much fun helping me!
 Other decorations were flowers:
And balloons that I hung around the pool fence (It was 102 the day of his party, so it was a Firetruck swim party)
Party Food:
Veggies & Hummus
 The veggies were fire colors, of course:
  Flames:
Jalapeno Poppers:
 Recipe {HERE}
 Corn Dip {Recipe HERE}
I set up all the appetizers inside since it was over 100 degrees outside:
 For drinks, I set up a "Hydration Station" outside:
 (We also had a cooler of ice waters, Capri Sun & Beer, but I didn't get a photo of it!)
The party was at 5:00pm, so I served dinner. 
Here is the menu:
Pulled Pork:
Fire Dogs (Hot Dogs)
 Buns:
 Broccoli Slaw:
 Potato Salad:
Fiery Fruit Salad:
I only used fruit that was red, orange & yellow to go along with the fire theme :)
Yum!
 And, of course...I always have a dessert/sweets table!
Vanilla Cupcakes:
 Love this adorable fondant toppers
 I made "matches"
 There were "Fire Hoses"
 Fire Engine Wheels:
 Sugar Cookie Fruit Puffs:
 I used peaches & strawberries to look like flames:
 And made Cupcake toppers to match the invites & food labels:
  More Flowers for decoration :)
 And, of course....my mother in law made one of her amazing cakes!
 For the favors, I set up a favor table outside:
 I strung firefighter hats on twine:
 Details on the favor table:
 
 
 
 I've used my Red High Chair for his last 2 birthday parties (yes, I know he is 3 and too big for a high chair, but it's red & matched my theme :)
 My friend Heather makes these awesome number buntings!
Time for cake!
Luke wanted Red Velvet for his cake:
I love how opinionated he is at just 3 years old :)

 It was such a fun time celebrating Luke!
Lots of eating & swimming on a HOT day!
I can't believe my baby is THREE!

Check out his 1st & 2nd birthday parties:
Luke's 1st Birthday - Nautical Theme
Luke's 2nd Birthday - Train Theme

To see all my other parties, click the Parties Tab {HERE}

++++++++++++
And, if you haven't entered my $100 Target Gift Card Giveaway, make sure you enter {HERE}

No comments:

Post a Comment