Saturday, August 5, 2017

Work Outfits Part 1


Hi!  Remember me?  I have been terrible at keeping up on here.  I do have a semi excuse - I start a new job Monday!  New job means outfit making time!  Like my usual outfit creations, I had to have inspiration pictures.  I have been in a definite winter slump and struggling to make cute outfits!  I wear the same clothes year round, just in different layers, so at times it can be difficult to come up with a new and exciting outfit. Inspiration pictures to the rescue!

I save tons of Fashion inspiration on my Pinterest page, so whenever I am in a rut I head here and try and recreate a few of them.  I know a lot are quite a big stretch, but anything to get me thinking with what I have.  PS - EVERY SINGLE PICTURE from here had a broken link on Pinterest, or went to someone's tumblr page so they weren't the actual owner, etc.  Drives me CRAZY when you try and click on a Pinterest picture and the link is broken or it goes to a random site with no information.  Grrr!  Makes me want to watermark my pics so that never happens with my site!

Let's begin!  I can wear jeans at my new job, which is awesome!  I absolutely LOVE this inspiration picture - her rocking bod doesn't hurt either.  But I love how it is professional yet fun with her leopard shoes and statement necklace.

Inspiration
I attempted to take a couple of these pics with my nice camera.  I don't think I am strong enough to hold up the camera and suck it in and attempt to pose.

Blazer: H&M, Necklace: Target (I think?), Tank: Target, Jeans: Citizens of Humanity, Leopard Heels: Guess

Reality                         

Weird - another blazer look.  I have saved this photo for a while, too.  I am still dying to get a pale coral blazer.  So pretty!  I love love love blazers because they look a little fancier, but are usually pretty comfy.  And you can usually find cute ones at Forever 21 or inexpensive boutiques.  

Inspiration
Again, definitely a stretch but it made me pair these two pieces together that I normally wouldn't!

Blazer: Forever 21, Tank: Express, Jeans: MiH, Flats: Von Maur (sorry about my awkward partial turn out.  I swear this is cuter in real life).

Reality

Close up of the earrings! $2!  (Heartbreaker - local MN boutique)


Clearly I am dying for color in all of this dreary weather.  Can't take much more of it!  Love this inspiration pic to keep me happy in brights!

Inspiration

I kind of flip flopped the colors but it works!

Top: Express, Cardigan: Target, Necklace: gift from mom in Key West, Jeans: Alloy, Flats: Steve Madden

Reality

Normally Kim Kardashian's outfits would be hard to remake, but this one is easy!

Inspiration

I still want to find a better pair of black jeggings.  These are little stiff and I want a pair that are sleek and comfy! (sorry about the giant camera strap).

Blazer: Forever 21, Tank: Target, Necklace: Francesca's, Skinnies: Alloy, Heels: Jessica Simpson

Reality

Both of these outfits are soooo cute, but I knew I could recreate one of them almost exactly!

Inspiration

My version isn't as cute, but I tried!  I wish my sweater was a little looser, then I wouldn't be so judgmental of myself. :)

Sweater: Macy's, Blouse: NY&Co, Necklace: Express, Jeans: Alloy, Boots: Heartbreaker

Reality

I have a large obsession with Courtney Kerr, her show, blog, and most importantly, her style!  I stalk her Instagram daily to see her outfits and she ever disappoints.  This photo wasn't so much an exact inspiration, but reminded me of one of my favorite shirts.

Source: http://instagram.com/thecourtneykerr

Inspiration

Love this shirt!  I wish I had some green skinnies.  Then I would really love this outfit.

Top: Old Navy, Necklace: Urban Outfitters, Jeans: MiH, Flats: Steve Madden

Reality

I'm always looking for ways to wear my plum jeans, and when I saw this on Instagram I was in love!

Source: http://instagram.com/mimiikonn

Inspiration

Such a simple but cute look!

Top: Old Navy: Jeans: MiH, Necklace: Urban Outfitters, Shoes: Steve Madden

Reality

And last but not least, I didn't have an inspiration picture, just want to wear it.  So sue me!

Top: Target, Skinnies: Alloy, Boots: Heartbreaker, Necklace: Francesca's


I will post on Instagram what I actually end up wearing.  I am going to start up the #30dayclosetremix like I did last year.  Force myself to be accountable and try to keep this up!

I also had Nate order an outlet protector since my goal is to actually do my hair more often for work. The biggest problem - I worry I leave my flat iron plugged in and have anxiety all day long that I left it on.  Problem solved!


Are you in a winter fashion rut?  What tips do you have to get out of it??

Follow me on Facebook!

No comments:

Post a Comment