Wednesday, May 24, 2017

Pity Party Table for One


I just need to vent, so hear me out. It's cold here. Very cold. It's been a grayish, whitish mess since.....oh.....about November. Depressing. Cold. Bitter winds. The whole Wisconsin bit. And the best part? It's only the beginning of January and I'm told February and March can be the worst months yet.


If you think I'm just whining for no reason, please check out the forecast for Saturday. That is the HIGH, folks. Look at the low if you dare. They have it grayed out because it's just too shocking for the system:

So to humor myself, I thought I'd check out St. Louis. It can't be THAT much warmer down there, right? Well apparently I'm a seasoned, haggard Wisconsinite because 16 sounds damn hot to me right now! I seriously thought, "Sixteen? I could get by with just a light pair of gloves for that weather."
I started to think, "If I could live anywhere in the US right now where would that be?" Duh, Phoenix of course. I love the heat. And I love 60 degree weather in the dead of winter. Look at this:
Why did I ever agree to living on the Canadian border? [TOTAL exaggeration, in case you aren't the best at geography. But sometimes it feels like Canada.]

Any cures for seasonal affective disorder besides the tanning bed? I mean, I am the palest thing I've ever been since giving up the "death ray" beds. But it helps me fit in up here and I need to make friends:) And I don't want to spend money on tanning. Plus, I quite like the "vampire" look, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment