Thursday, June 22, 2017

Summer Squash Tomato Feta Pesto Pizza


As you may know.....pizza is my favorite food. 
I could eat it everyday.
  At Christmas I got THIS pizza maker.
(It is also on sale HERE with an extra 20% off this weekend)
We have been making pizza for dinner a few times a month since we got it! 
I have been experimenting with different pizza toppings/recipes and there have been some REALLY good ones!
Once a month I am going to share a new pizza recipe with you.
You don't need the pizza maker (you can use your oven) but I am letting you know that using this pizza maker gives your pizza an authentic pizzeria taste! 
I am planning on sharing a new pizza recipe the last Friday of each month in honor of Friday Night Pizza Night that we have every Friday night at our house :)
 
Today I am excited to share my:
Summer Squash, Tomato, Feta & Pesto Pizza
The past few weeks the zucchini, squash & cherry tomatoes have been growing like CRAZY in my garden.
I thought it would be delicious to make a pizza that had some of these fresh vegetables on it. I decided to use pesto as the sauce because I love pesto and the basil in the pesto really enhances the flavors of the veggies.

Here is what you need:
- Pizza Dough (I use pre-made dough from Safeway or Trader Joes.  I like Safeway's better because it so much easier to work with & tastes better! You can make your own dough, but when the pre-made dough is only $1.50, this is a no brainer!
- Shredded Mozzarella cheese
- Zucchini
-Squash
- Cherry Tomatoes
- Pesto 
- Crumbled Feta cheese


Slice your zuchinni & squash thinly. Cut the tomatoes in half.
I use a variety of my cherry tomatoes...sun sugar & super sweet 100. These taste like candy, they are delicious!

Directions:
If using the Pizza maker, I split the dough in half and then roll out your dough on a lightly floured surface & then I put my dough on a piece of parchment paper.  
I cook it on the parchment paper for a few minutes because then I can slide the pizza off the parchment paper without messing up the crust or making all the toppings slide off. I like cooking it without the parchment paper because then it gives the crust a pizzeria taste! If I had a pizza peel, I wouldn't need to have the parchment paper because then I would have the pizza peel to transfer the pizza to and from the pizza cooker...but I don't have one of those yet.

Add some pesto to the crust:
Sprinkle on some shredded mozzarella cheese:
Add the thin slices of the summer squash:
Add the sliced tomatoes:
Sprinkle on the crumbled feta cheese:
Bake in your pizza oven (or regular oven at 450 degrees) for 8-10 minutes 
(I bake mine on parchment paper for 5 minutes & then slide it off the parchment paper & bake it on the pizza stone)
 
 
This pizza is very "light" compared to other pizzas because of the fresh veggies:
There is SO much flavor....the feta brings out the sweetness of the tomatoes.
It is perfect to make during the summer because of all the fresh summer flavors:
It's full of flavor & I love all the colors :)
You could also use larger tomatoes instead of a cherry variety, but I like using the smaller ones because they are sweeter.
Serve this along with a nice green salad & you have a perfect summer meal!
I hope you love this pizza as much as I do!
Enjoy!

In January I shared my BBQ Chicken Pizza Recipe {HERE}
In February I shared my Fig, Prosciutto & Arugula Pizza {HERE}
In March I shared my my Pesto Chicken, Sundried Tomato & Artichoke Pizza {HERE}

In April, I shared a Sweet Italian Sausage, Pepperoni & Bell Pepper Pizza {HERE} 
In May I shared my Pepperoni, Pineapple & Jalapeño Pizza {HERE} 

In June, I shared my Margherita Pizza {HERE} 
What is your favorite pizza topping?
Happy Pizza Friday & I hope you have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment