Saturday, June 24, 2017

Claires Birthday Tea Party


Claire's 7th Birthday Party was on Saturday. 
She wanted a Tea Party, but more specifically, an American Girl Tea Party.
Claire wanted roses & wanted the colors to be pink, red & aqua and have all her friends bring their American Girl Doll.
Here is the invite that I made for her party:
I decided to have the tea party in our front yard because it was a nice setting for a "garden" Tea Party. 
2 years ago, I had her Tangled Birthday Party in our front yard & it worked out really well!
 We have some hydragena bushes & rose bushes in the front yard, so it is a perfect setting for a tea party!
 I kept the decorations simple...put up some tissue puffs in our Japenesse Maple:
It was the perfect setting for a Tea Party :)
 I hung a bunting above the cake table (which is a bunting I used at Claire's Cowgirl Party)
My favorite part was setting the table for the Tea Party.
 I used the same table cloth as ones I used for Claire's Cowgirl Party...gotta love re-using party decor!
 I had tea cups & saucers for each girl:
 I made name tags for each tea cup:
I loved how they turned out!
I used my vintage blue mason jars for the flowers:
And, I found these cute napkins at a local party store:
It was definitely a "shabby chic" themed Tea Party
 For the food, I kept it simple since it was a Tea Party & it was from 2-3:30.
 Chocolate Chip Banana Recipe {HERE}
We had a variety of "tea" sandwiches:
 I got these & these cookie cutters to cut out the sandwiches.
 These girls had so much fun :)
 Dessert Table:
 I kept it pretty simple:
 
My mother in law made one of her awesome cakes:
 Claire was VERY specific on what she wanted her cake to look like.
She wanted an aqua rectangle cake with a pink tea cup on it with flowers.
Can't believe she is 7!
Other desserts I had were: 
 For drinks I had Raspberry Lemonade, Pink Lemondade & Sweet Tea:
 The week & day of her party was 100 degreees, so that is why we had lemonade/sweet tea for her party instead of hot tea :)
 For activities, I set up 3 craft stations:
 I got these cool tea cup planters
 This is what they looked like after they were painted:
Inside I set up a necklace station:
 
 I also set up a coloring station:
 And, of course all the American Girl Dolls that Claire's friends brought so they could play with their dolls. They are all obsessed with AG Dolls!
 For favors, the girls got cookies:
 Singing happy birthday to Claire:
 This was such a fun party & Claire had a blast, so that is all that matters!
Hope you enjoyed Claire's Shabby Chic American Girl Birthday Tea Party as much as we did!

No comments:

Post a Comment