Sunday, July 16, 2017

30 weeks A Basketball Fruit


Thirty Weeks: 3.21.1230wD

30wA Photo Thoughts: Well, isn't that a nice basketball fruit up there? Couldn't deal with hunting for an appropriate fruit at the store and I feel like my belly resembles a basketball at this point, so I went for it. Mad props to the high school basketball 'has been' Julia of my past. She'd be so proud. Also, I felt extremely cute in my work clothes on Monday so I set up the tripod and went to town---a first for this pregnancy, but I'm glad I did. Sometimes a full body shot gives you a better idea of my belly size than just a giant close up of my bump. And looking at these pictures, I guess I do sort of look 'small' for 30 weeks, huh? The torso. It has to be the torso. And I'm glad I'm not huge--plenty of time for that.


Size of baby: Um, a 'cabbage' according to BC and a squash or a cucumber according to TB. Have done all of them. And therefore, had to think outside of the box. These last 9 weekly shots might get a little tricky.

Cravings: Not a whole lot this week. I still love to eat but little girl is still giving me a break from constant hunger pains.

What I love: Hitting my 30's! Yep, this is my golden week of pregnancy when my weekly progress matches my age. This pregnancy feels extremely real to me, just so you know.

What I'm looking forward to the most: Cuddling my girl. Nursing her. Dressing her. Watching her with Truman. Mostly all of it.

Worries: Nothing, really. I love weeks like this.

What is different this time around: At 30 weeks with Truman I had experienced a major belly growth spurt, was getting really annoyed with the general public's comments on my bump, and was shocked at how active Truman was in the womb. This baby girl is also pretty darn active this week, I'm still mostly annoyed with the general public, and although my belly is still pretty big I think it's sort of evening out compared to my first pregnancy.

Symptoms: It's getting pretty hard to move in any direction but forward. Meaning, getting up from the ground, sitting up from the couch, bending over all cause me to grunt and moan and feel pretty ridiculous. But otherwise, I'm still feeling awesome and cannot complain.

Sleep: Love it. No issues. Thank you, God.

Movement: Crazy amounts. I have yet to get a decent video of her punching my insides but it's pretty freaky and I wonder if other people can see when she is going nuts. Probably not. They are usually too busy deciding what idiotic comments to make about my bump instead.

The belly: Round, hard, and carried pretty high this time around. Belly button is pretty much out. No stretch marks but still with the itchies. And my linea negra is coming back to life! I feel like it never really left anyway.

Milestones:  For me: my golden week! For baby girl: she is over 15 inches long, almost 3 pounds, and is at the max for her amniotic fluid this week. So weird to think she is really gearing up to be on the outside.

Amusing comments from the general public: The usual suspects, such as but not limited to: 'When are you due? Oh, you are really small. You aren't even showing.' One patient changed it up and asked how many more months I had until baby was born. Putting it like that really made me think, and when I said 'Two-and-a-half more months' I shocked myself with how CLOSE that seems. And of course, she was shocked, too. Whatevs.

Best moment of the week: A few things: first, my OB appointment last week on Thursday. BP is still fabulous, weight gain is fine and still a little less than where I was with Truman, my OB is amazing, and we are now into the bi-weekly appointments! Also, she gave the thumbs up to having a birth photographer in the room and I just can't even think about that without getting incredibly excited. Secondly, I got 16 new maternity tops lent to me from two of my girlfriends. Is there anything better in the world than expanding your wardrobe, for free, right when you are in a slump with everything in your closet? I think not.

No comments:

Post a Comment