Thursday, July 27, 2017

Tangled or Bust


And, a bust it was.....
Here's the story:
Because it's Kate's birthday week & I didn't have to go to work today for MLK, Jr Holiday, I thought I would use some of the movie tickets I got for Christmas and take Kate to her very first movie at the movie theater. All of my friends said Tangled is a cute movie & Kate would love it.
And, I heard it is the last Disney Princess movie, so I figured this would be a great one for us to go to.
So, this morning, Kate and I headed out to our date at the movie theater.

She was excited to pose in front of the theater:
Align CenterHere is the two of us before we got our tickets:
I let her wait in line & order some popcorn:
Here is Kate giving them her ticket:
Here she is in front of the sign, still excited:
Here is Kate in her seat with her snacks during the previews....not as excited anymore. I can tell she is getting nervous.
We made it through a little more than half the movie and then Kate said loudly, "Mommy, let's go. I want to go home!"
I whispered to her that the movie wasn't over yet.
She replied, " I don't like this movie! I want to go home & play with my sister"
I tried to stall a few more minutes & had her sit on my lap.
It didn't work & again, she loudly exclaimed, " I want to go home!"
So we left the theater.
I would like to apologize to the audience in the 11:20 showing of Tangled for the scene that my almost 4 year old caused.
And, I would like to know what happens in Tangled....it was so cute, I wanted to see the whole thing, not just 30 minutes of it.

Once we got outside, Kate was a VERY happy girl & was running around.
'She told me she doesn't want to back to the movies for a "long, long, very long time"
For the record, Kevin was right.
He told me I shouldn't take Kate to the movies because she probably wouldn't like it.
I thought she would like the movie & it would be a fun memory.
I remember my first movie in the theater. I was also 4 years old.
We saw Snow White & I remember wanting to touch the screen during the movie so I could say Hi to Snow White.
Yeah, Kate didn't want to say hi to Rapunzel, that's for sure.
She wanted to get the heck out of there.
Guess we won't be going back to the movies anytime soon....

No comments:

Post a Comment