Sunday, July 16, 2017

Which side are you on


It's the great debate that happens this time of year.
CHRISTMAS.
When is it "okay" to start getting ready for it?
Both sides are passionate about their stances (myself included)

Which side are you on?
Team "Before" Thanksgiving or Team "After" Thanksgiving?

I am on Team AFTER Thanksgiving.
Honestly, it riles me up when I see Christmas stuff up before Thanksgiving.
And, like I posted last year, it seems that every year Christmas gets pulled out earlier and earlier.
For example, the girls and I went to the mall on November 1st to get a wedding gift.
I was SHOCKED when we saw SANTA at the mall. On November 1st. The day after Halloween.
I literally gasped when I saw this. Kate's reaction was one of my proudest parenting moments.
As we stared at all the trees, lights & elves at the Santa display, she exclaimed,
"Mommy, this place is just silly. Don't they know it isn't Thanksgiving yet?"
My heart literally burst with pride :)

A few days ago, I saw this picture on a friend's Facebook:
As if I needed another reason to love Nordstrom more than I already do :)
Well said, Nordstrom, well said.

This week and last week on Wheel of Fortune (yes, I watch it, don't judge!) is the Secret Santa Sweepstakes.
The whole stage is decked out in Christmas...the week before Thanksgiving? Really?

Anyways, back to the great debate.
I am obviously Team AFTER Thanksgiving.
Here are my Christmas "rules"
1. No Christmas music until the day after Thanksgiving.
2. No Christmas movies until the day after Thanksgiving
3. Absolutely no Christmas decorations until the day after Thanksgiving.
4. No peppermint mochas until the day after Thanksgiving.
5. No Black Friday shopping.

Yes, you read that right. I am the Anti-Black Friday shopper.
The fact that stores are opening at midnight on Thanksgiving night makes me a little sick to my stomach. Really? Really?

So, let me get off my soapbox and ask:
Which side are you on?
You are either one or the other..I don't think there is a gray area on this "issue".
Team "Before" Thanksgiving or Team "After" Thanksgiving?
I would love to hear your reasons also!

And don't worry if you don't agree with me, I have tons of friends who are on Team Before Thanksgiving and I still love them.....to each their own :)

No comments:

Post a Comment