Wednesday, July 26, 2017

Post Partum Work Dressing


Now that I am back to work, I have to dress like a normal human being.  Rats.  It is much more fun to dress Bradley in cute outfits than myself now!

Since this work outfit post is still one of my most popular posts, I figured I should do another!  I don't always use inspiration pictures (usually find on Pinterest) for creating outfits, but when I am in a slump, it helps so much!  I also don't buy new things very often (unless I find a gem at Target or something cheap) so using these inspiration photos makes me get creative with what I already own, and also reminds me of some things that might be collecting dust in our closet!  Also, since I have only been wearing sweatpants and t-shirts for the last 12 weeks I definitely needed to use inspiration pictures to get my brain working again on how to create an outfit.

Sorry that my pictures are always super awkward and the inspiration pics are amazing but you will get over it. :)

One issue I have is not all my pants/jeans fit anymore.  Rats again.  So that does limit my jean wearing abilities but I would rather work around this issue than work out.  Priorities.  Because of this, I have two new pair of jeans (both from The Buckle - I know, right?!) so I wanted to style around them.  They are the trouser and super flare styles.  I decided to go semi professional on Monday and whip out the black blazer and paired with the new trouser style jeans.

Blazer: So old I can't remember; T-shirt: Target Liz Lange maternity (I mean...they are my favorite!); Necklace: JCP; Jeans: Flying Monkey (Buckle)


Tuesday I wanted to be warm since we have all been freezing our a$$es off in Minnesota!  I saw this picture from merricksart on Instagram in my feed, and fell in love!  Sometimes I consider this plaid scarf a Christmas neutral and pretend it goes with everything.  At least pattern mixing is embraced now!

Shirt: Old Navy; Scarf: Target; Jeans: Alloy; Boots: Heartbreaker


Chimi prefers my after work attire. :)


Wednesday's inspiration picture might not make any sense, but sometimes I just like silhouettes and use those as inspiration.  I wore the new Super Flare jeans and loved!  So comfy and still cute.

Blazer: Von Maur; Tshirt: Target Liz Lange Maternity (again); Jeans: Flying Monkey 


Thursday I was off so my mom and I wore our comfies on our errands!  Then Friday I was back to work.  I love wearing coral and red with these teal J Brand jeans (example here - remember Fashion Friday?  Well, we both got busy.  Oops.) and you might recognize this outfit from here.  I also added a cream scarf but it isn't photographed.

Top: Forever 21; Jeans: J Brand


But let's be honest...my favorite "outfit" this week was when my Zulily jammies arrived!!  Never taking this off!!  


I'm hoping putting a little more thought into this first week of work outfits will get my brain working again on what to wear!  I have tons of inspiration photos saved and will be ready to whip out if I need to get more ideas!

Follow me on Facebook!

No comments:

Post a Comment